Monday, December 21, 2009

Precious

This weekend I was at home to celebrate the holidays with my sister & bro-in-law, who were in town to celebrate Christmas early. I took a trip to the local mall to do some shopping and the B. Dalton is closing (Barnes & Nobles buyout) so they were having a 40% sale!! Typically, I do not buy books because I try to always get them at the library, it's part of my live green initiative. However, I never pass up a 40% off sale. I walked around the store grabbing every book I've wanted to read that I haven't yet. Then Ryan made me cut down my pile....bummer. I bought Pure by Sapphire, commonly known as the book, the movie Precious is based on. Now, I knew some back story and expected the book to be depressing. Boy was I wrong, the book is FAR more depressing than I ever imagined. I see how Monique would be nominated for every award possible for portraying the mother of Precious. I haven't even seen the movie, but based on the book that would be quite the character to portray. It's even more depressing because it's a true story. Good read and very short I read it Saturday in about 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment