Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Doggie Weekend



Last weekend my sister and Kraig came to visit with Linus (their mini dachshund) and it was Jillie's first weekend with visitors in the house. Luckily, it was a success and Jillie made a new doggie BFF. The video is one of their many wrestle fests. I was really proud of Jillie for doing so well with a new dog. She was able to even wear Linus out because she has so much energy (borderline insane). This Friday she starts doggie classes with the beginner class at PetSmart. I think she'll be the best dog in the class because I've been working on training her myself. She has been able to pick up some commands pretty quickly. Some 10-year old girls at the dog park taught her how to sit. They were doing a class project and wanted to meet Jillie, who was happy to oblige.

My current task is working on Jillie's separation anxiety, which has steadily been improving. Instead of letting her go insane when I get home from work, I make her sit and wait till she calms down before I give her attention. I also leave the TV on while I'm gone, it's my classic conditioning sign that I'll be back. I'm sure her separation anxiety will get better as we continue the routine.

We have some solid dogwalker candidates finally, one even works at the Kennel Club down the road, she's my current top-runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment