Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dogwalker Search


Yesterday was my first official dogwalker interview, and boy was it interesting. Through care.com I've had about 20 applicants to walk Jillie. My first interviewee had a nice profile, dog sitting experience and seemed legit. However, her profile went over much better than she did in-person....waa waa....so my dogwalker search continues.

This Friday I won't be able to let Jillie out during lunch so she is going to Doggie Daycare at PetSmart. I think she'll do well there, small dogs are separated from the big dogs, which is good because she is scared of big dogs. If doggie daycare goes well I might opt for that against a dogwalker unless my search improves. I emailed a few applicants back, we'll see how that goes.

Yesterday, we had a quick vet trip and Dr. Corey informed me that Jillie is probably part Italian Greyhound, which is far more interesting than a Rat Terrier (well, interesting sounding). After doing some research on Italian Greyhounds, I can definitely see that in my Jillie. Typically, they are very cat-like in nature and want to be lap dogs....Jillie covers all these....although she is a selective lap dog....she has LOTS of energy. They can also run up-to 25 miles/hour, and let me tell you...Jillie can run fast. I wouldn't clock her in at 25 miles/hour but she also isn't a purebred Italian Greyhound. They typically weigh 8 - 18 pounds whereas a Beagle weighs between 18 and 30 pounds. This could account for Jillie weighing in at 11 pounds.

Somewhere in her DNA is a mix of a few different doggies, but they all make one cute little doggie for me.

1 comment: