Thursday, August 11, 2011

The land of social


As social media continues to dominate the modern world, I feel like I'm falling behind....Google has yet to realize I'm a great candidate for Google + and I only actively use Facebook. This blog isn't really active (hence my non-exist following) and I only use Twitter to track interesting brands and Packers players......so no I won't fess up my handle.

Wouldn't it be great to know what will be the biggest social tool in 10 years? Obviously, because then I could retire early and live in la la land (which may or may not include a house account with Rue La La).

It almost seems like just keeping up with all the social media is a full-time job. And I don't mean the folks who truly work in social media for a living.....monitoring corporate twitter handles, pushing new facebook content, etc. I mean just to be up-to-date in the social-verse for your own personal use, it is practically a full-time job. Who has time to share all their life events on multiple forums, while checking-in everywhere they go and following all their friends and family? Serious overload. Plus my life is so uninteresting I wouldn't have that much interesting information to share. Where did the idea of everything is good in moderation go? In the world of over-sharing and under-privacy there seems to be no moderation.

Maybe I'm just bitter Google won't allow me into Google + yet or maybe I feel like in 2004 my social presence was so cool. Back when it was thefacebook.com. However, now my social media presence is pedestrian and lacking because I still have that same facebook account with limited other social media accounts.


No comments:

Post a Comment