Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Adventures in auto mechanics

Sunday my sister & I were attempting to return to our parents house only to be delayed by a screw. In her tire! It always amazes me that a small screw can do so much damage. Also, doesn't it seem like this would be a very common occurrence...think of all the screws in the world...the odds must be high right?

Well, good thing this happens to 2 people who can't change a flat and are basically useless. There are things I'm great at: online shopping, bargain hunting (see online shopping), scrapbooking, shopping in general, etc. Things I am not good at: anything to do with an automobile (exclude bargain hunting here), being patient, etc. What's interesting is automobile problems and being patient typically go hand & hand. Again, similar to my automobile problems a few weeks ago thank god for my trusty smartphone. I mean what would a girl do without one? Honestly, I don't understand. First we attempt fix-a-flat, and I purchase my trusty snack foods (pringles and sour patch kids), knowing this could take awhile. Then we decide maybe a tire repair shop is open and could fix it (hoping people are open on Sundays).

Attempt number one: Firestone Tire, they claim they cannot fix the tire now that we have used fix-a-flat. WTF, the can says "See a professional tire repair asap after use". Regardless, they refuse to help and fill the tire with air and we try to think of plan B. My sister's husband, is a fan of Sears, and suggests we go there. After a quick loookup for a number to confirm they are open....we continue our adventure to Sears. Hooray, they say they can in fact repair the tire. While they repair the tire I can venture off to things I am good at....shopping, as Sears is connected to the mall. woohoo! Finally, 4 hours after our original attempt to leave town we are on the road. Things I learned: go to Sears for auto repair, because the mall will entertain you while you wait, don't go to firestone because they can't help repair tires (my Dad pointed out, they will however sell you a new tire), carry fix-a-flat for tire repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment