Friday, October 16, 2009

Book Review: "Love Season"

I borrowed "Love Season" by Elin Hilderbrand from a friend, after borrowing a previous book by Erin "Barefoot". "Barefoot" was enjoyable with a surprising ending - at first I thought it was just a book version of "Beaches" (you know..."you are the wind beneath my wings") but a far more cheerful ending. It took me about 3 weeks to actually start "Love Season" (sorry Carrie), I have to be in a reading mood. Once I started it took me about 5 days to complete (note: I have a 3-hour round-trip daily commute), so let's just say I have down time :)

Although, the book left me wanting more....what happened to Miles & Sallie? Do Renata and Dan leave Nantucket or stay with Marguerite? Does Porter really never talk to his niece, and how could he leave Marguerite!? So many questions and I need answers! Does Cade really give up on Renata?

What I loved about the book - was that it all takes place during one very long, hot, summer day - but yet it spans an entire lifetime. The characters were all so intriguing and I could picture them all perfectly in my mind. Also, the book has many a French reference, which will easily win me over.

Overall, I recommend the book and I enjoyed the tiny references to "Barefoot" in the book. During the dinner party, the conversation changed to a mother of three with cancer....hm, what could that be referencing? However, the book left me wanting more...it didn't feel complete to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment