Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dress in a box

While I was basking in the glory of sun, fun, and being done with wedding planning. My madre was at home and took my most-expensive dress ever bought to the cleaners. Do you know how much they charge to clean a wedding dress? Well this cleaner charged $190 and 3 weeks (really?!) Doesn't that seem like a waste of money? To clean a dress that'll be in a box until I try to force it onto my oldest daughter?

Overall, I feel like a wedding dress is a huge waste of money, yes it's pretty, and traditional, but think about it, what's the hourly rate of that dress? I'm betting $100+/hour saying you put it on around 1 PM and are done with it around 1 AM. The thing is never worn again. Maybe I should put mine on Ebay, I could see some potential takers out there...okay maybe, not. I need a good sales pitch "Gently worn bridal gown...."

No comments:

Post a Comment