Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm Back


More posts to come as I have returned from my blogging hiatus!

I'm back from the Caribbean pale as usual (except for the hidden sunburn on my back)! Some of my favorite comments upon returning home:

"Didn't you go to the Caribbean....I thought you would have more color"
"Was it cloudy there?"
"You didn't get tan at all?!"

Dear friends....I am albino....we albinos DO NOT tan....again DO NOT tan. If I were to wear absolutely not sunscreen and sit outside all day I would only come home crying and burnt. My burns do not turn into tans....this is a cycle of life for a burn: pain, pain, dry, itch, peel, new skin under the peeled off skin is again albino. Also, I generally hide in lots of sunscreen and sun hats. For those of you who aren't aware pale skin, reddish/blond hair, and many a burn in my younger years....puts me at high risk for skin cancer. So no I did not come home with a beautiful Caribbean tan. Wrong girl folks.

And yes the weather was beautiful and it was hot, hot, hot all week. We visited: St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia (my favorite island), Antigua (the hottest island), and St. Kitts.

2 comments:

  1. SUNLESS TANNER!!!! I couldn't live without it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that all the time too - "Don't you live in California?"

    ReplyDelete