Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brett Favre Back?

By the name of my blog I am obviously a Green Bay Packers fan, so what
is my opinion of Brett Favre? Well, when he played for the packers he
was basically the second coming of god. When he played for the jets it
was like losing a friend. But I still was a fan. Obviously a Packers
fan first though.

Now the rumor mill is stirring again because of Jay Glazer's recent
revelation that several Vikings sources believe Brett is secretly
back. I wouldn't doubt it, but doesn't it create a lot of talk around
a team that no one outside Peterson-lovers and Minnesota-dwellers care
about. It reminds me of the recent revelation that Kourtney Kardashian
is pregnant, which coincided with the launch of her show. Perfect
timing or planned timing, I would guess planned timing.

Now the Packers play the Vikings at home on November 1st. You can bet
your ass I will be there to see my former idol throw the ball in one
of the most storied football stadiums in the country. Will I be
wearing my #4 jersey? Most likely not, these days I rock the #85
jersey with pride. One of WMU's most famous alumni, who was drafted to
my team, on my birthday, it was meant to be.

Do I fear that Favre goes to play for the Vikings and will hurt the
Packers playoff chances? No, we all saw the depressing end to the Jets
season last year........someone isn't Mr. Clutch anymore. Now Rodgers
isn't exactly clutch either, Kyra Sedgwick definitely has 'The Closer'
locked down more than Rodgers. However, Rodgers still has time to
improve, while Favre is running out of time. Although, I know a few
people in Chicago, who firmly believe I should worry about Jay Cutler.
Time will tell friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment