Monday, August 24, 2009

Some guys have all the luck...


Most people will say, they definitely don’t have all the luck; but sometimes I will be going about my normal day and think this truly is me. It’s even more interesting when someone else calls you out on your extreme bad luck. Sometimes I think I am truly immune to my severe malchance, and just imagine a cute little French man saying “quelle malchance!”. Yesterday was my grand departure from the mitten state (home state), and I set off first to get gasoline then continue my venture home. Well, too bad the Alero decides she wants to stay in the mitten state a little while longer. After filling up her 13-gallon tank to head home she won’t start. Which is amazing because she just made it to the gas station perfectly fine. Now, as a frequent sufferer of malchance - I keep my smartphone as a trusty sidekick. After a quick phone call to the old man to inform him Alley was out of commission, I Google “Alero won’t start”. Top results: dead battery (not the case here), Passlock security issue, etc. I fell into the Passlock security issue…. which can be fixed by getting the ignition switch fixed ($$$) or patiently waiting in the “On” position 10 minutes and restarting. Now let me debate here between waiting 10 minutes or calling the nearest tow facility, waiting for them to arrive, they haul my Alley off, I'm sans a vehicle, then pay $$$ to get it repaired. Clearly, I chose the former.

My Monday starts off like a typical Monday…except…en route to the train station my ‘Service Engine Soon’ light turns & stays on…FML. Next, arrive at the train station “We are currently experiencing indefinite delays ahead”….FML. A girl just can’t win. I board my train with the car manual in tow, since I’ll have extra time today to diagnose the new problem with Alley. During my train ride this morning I came up with some potential fixes for the ‘Service Engine Soon’ light, which I’m hoping to repair instead of my local GM dealer…we shall see who wins this round my friend Alley or me...

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the Alley Cat fixed? My car has done this, so has my sister's old car (also GM's) it's a pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete