Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quick ways to reduce your self-esteem

If you are looking for fast & easy ways to ruin your self-esteem sign up for private dance lessons as a beginner. Last night, was the second dance lesson for the fiancé and I….key point here – I was dreading going. After the first lesson and paying to get yelled at by the female instructor, I knew round 2 wouldn’t be much better. The first half hour of the last night’s lesson involved me being instructed to practice ball, heel, ball, heel on the ballet bar. Hearing “Marisa…ball, heel, ball, heel makes me feel like a dog….almost as if it’s “fetch Marisa…ball…now heel.” I just can’t keep up.

Now, let me point out that I am NOT a dancer – I don’t know my foot from my arm – and the instructor has no qualms about calling me out here. The fiancé is no help here, as he is evidently the next Fred Astaire – where this comes from – I don’t know….supposedly it was due to his many years in high school band. If only I would have kept up with that damn clarinet. How does a band geek equate to the next 'Dancing with the Stars' guru anyways? Something tells me that the instructor has a thing for younger men and teaching private lessons is her personal cougar hunting ground – I’ve seen her winking at Ryan while yelling ball, heel, ball, heel at me. Maybe she is trying to distract me with ball & heel while stealing away my fiancé. The end of the lesson finally comes around and while Ryan gets 2 thumbs up & a round of applause, I get a “keep practicing”. Remind me again why I’m paying to get yelled by a broad trying to steal my boo. Next Tuesday is dance lesson number 3, guess I bet get my dancing shoes on in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Could she really steal your boo?

    Let's look at the hypothetical circumstances:

    Imagine this lady was married (which obs cannot be) and her husband left his dirty socks on the floor of the living room. She would be instructing him to clean them up yelling "ball heel, ball heel" every step of the way until they were properly disposed of in the laundry basket. She would then wink at him... and by "him" I mean his feet... since he picked up those socks so gracefully.

    I think you're safe with your man; however, let's look at this situation differently: you're good at a great many things... let him take the lead this time ;).

    PS: hilarious blog.... lmao

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete