Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mad Men is back!

Sunday was the premiere of one show that became a fast favorite of mine last season.... Mad Men. The show started out rough, with an apparent flashback to Don's childhood. This is interesting because he wasn't present for his own birth. So how does know that his Dad slept with a shall we say, 'lady of the night', right after his 'Mom' lost a baby. He clearly wasn't able to witness this chain of events. During the flashback you see his apparently adoptive mother endure labor, only to have a stillborn. My question here was it necessary to show the stillborn child? That was a bit much for me....this isn't A&E's next medical mysteries show. All this relates back to Don and Betty's soon to arrive 3rd child.....

This season is supposed to focus on Don being a better father and husband, quite out of his character from what I have seen. I assume the opening scene is supposed to show he was a cad just like his father. However, if the season is supposed to focus on him being a
better father then why does he sleep with a stewardess? Thus far no moral improvements in Don’s character. I found it amusing that Betty didn't question where the TWA wings came from, typically she’s quite quick. You know if I was Betty, I'd sure be asking who joined the 'mile high' club for those wings.

I was surprised how confident Jane’s character had turned. She was running the office - which will make her interesting to watch. Will she really leave the office once she is married? If so, her character would clearly be leaving the show. I am watching for the wedding to get canceled and she will remain in the office and on the show. Even better, maybe she'll join the soon to rise up feminist movement and work while married! Shocking, I know. Her character is an integral part of the show, and would be difficult to
write off after only 3 seasons.

Tonight another one of my favorite shows returns after a extremely long hiatus.......Project Runway. Now last season was decent but we need someone to watch! Christian in season 4 was great because he was entertaining and talented. Can anyone else name winners of the show? There has been buzz the show will be different because it’s on Lifetime. Please, I don't care what channel the show is on as long as my friends at my local cable provider have the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment