Monday, August 31, 2009

Dress Shop Drama

In St.Joe/Stevensville there are 2 wedding shops: Alexa Claire Boutique and Wedding Belles. Due my fear of high-pressure sales I opted for Alexa Claire. God, was that the WORST choice ever. I should have known right off the bat to walk away when I walk in after specifically requested Bill Levkoff dresses, and I'm told they don't sell them anymore. After mentioning the only reason I chose this shop was because they sold them, they brought the dresses out. The girls get sized & I think we are all set. A few weeks later the order is soon to be set and 3 of my girls are given dress sizes 4-7 sizes above there normal size. Yes, 4-7 sizes larger no lie, a 16 became a 28. How that happens - I have no idea. A key point here is the fact that my sister ordered her dress another shop and her size was her regular dress size.

After finally instructing the shop to specifically order the sizes the girls & I agreed on, I think we are all set. Flash forward to today....one of my girls picks up her dress and it is the completely wrong size. She was ordered a size that wasn't even put down for her in the system, the same size I instructed them to order. My girl picks up the dress that is at least 7 sizes larger than what she wears. Obviously, I am slightly annoyed after having several bumps in the road, they still can't get the order right. I call the shop and ask them to makeup for their mistake, and they let me know that it should all be fine with a good seamstress. Now, yes it will be fine because we have a great seamstress, but your dress shop is still incompetent, and should makeup for your large error. But she refuses to makeup for their error. Well thank the Lord we have social media, because I want everyone to know never to order from their shop in Kalamazoo or Saint Joe, unless you are a bride looking for additional stress. How can a business now be willing to makeup for their mistake? Even after someone calls and asks them to makeup for their mistake, a 10% discount can go a long way these days.

1 comment:

  1. That is horrible. I hope they didn't see my suit measurements and assume my weight as 300lbs. This is why my wedding will be at a nudist camp. Everyone already owns the suits they will be wearing ;-). But seriously hope things work out.

    ReplyDelete